Why did I create this course?
I created this course because it was the course that I needed a year ago. At the age of 43, I started to experience some of the telltale signs of perimenopause- hot flushes, weight gain, irritability and flooding periods that never seemed to end. I had no idea what was happening and my kids wondered why I was so cranky.
Cue my inner research nerd.
Just like after my father died, I threw myself into the medical research. I taught myself what there was to learn about how the body changes as it transitions from fertile life bearer to non-life bearer and wisdom woman.
I ask my friends about their experience with menopause, and how they learned what they needed to know. They all commented that it was something that they were totally unprepared for and that no one in their circle talked about. It was yet another taboo.
Until recently it wasn’t even a topic covered in the media- but by the end of 2019, menopause suddenly began to burst into the media headlines. But a lot of the coverage was about HRT. The myths of HRT, the lack of supply of HRT… the prescription based solution to menopause.
But nothing about the emotional, social and sexual changes that a woman experiences.
And nothing about the spiritual quest that many women experience.
So like many others before me, I decided to do something about it. So I started holding events at my local community center- but I became frustrated that I wasn’t reaching enough women. Women from all around the country and the globe were joining my facebook group, however, they couldn’t attend my workshops in person- so I created the online course.
Who should do this course?
Wondering if this course is for you? Read the following list, and if it sounds at all like you, then this is your nudge from the universe to enroll!
- Women who are over 35: This course provides a safe space for women over 35 to learn about their bodies and discuss openly what they have been experiencing.
- Women who are experiencing medically induced menopause (premature menopause) are most welcome and encouraged to attend irrespective of their age)
- Women who have been experiencing mood fluctuations: Are you suddenly feeling moodier than normal and know it has NOTHING to do with “that time of the month” thank you very much? Are you wondering what the heck is going on? Why are you so angry all the time for no real reason? Do you feel “flat” and just “not yourself?”
- If you are worried about your loss of libido or are experiencing pain when having sex.
- Starting to feel angry a lot? Forgetting words mid-sentence? Fed up with your lot in life? Waking up in the middle of the night hot and throwing off the doona? Feeling anxious for no reason? Putting on weight around your middle even though you are still eating well and exercising? Feeling a bit numb about life and not really feeling like yourself? Then you might be experiencing symptoms of Perimenopause or Menopause… Yes really!
What will I gain from doing the course?
- An understanding of what perimenopause and menopause are, and what you can experience physically and emotionally during this time of your life.
- Confidence to manage any physical or emotional symptoms yourself and to know when to seek additional expert advice.
- An understanding of sleep and the role it plays in health and how perimenopause and menopause affect the quality of your sleep.
- A wide range of tools to help you fall asleep faster or get back to sleep.
- Confidence to understand the language of perimenopause and menopause so that if you seek medical assistance, you can be specific and clear with your doctor, and direct their inquiries so you leave your appointment with a sense of achievement and satisfaction that you were not only heard but understood, and that you have developed a plan of action with your healthcare provider.
- A natural toolkit to help you, if that is the path that you wish to follow.
- A HUGE sense of relief that you are not going mad, and that you are not alone.
- Invitation to be a part of our private Facebook Group (irrespective of where you live)
- Invitation to be a part of our monthly real-life catch-ups in Brisbane, Queensland Australia.
- Invitation to attend our annual retreat in Australia.
- An understanding of what lies ahead.
- A desire to thrive and make the most of your life, and create the best days ahead- you’re not dead yet- there’s a lot of life to be lived.
What does the course cover?
- Course Curriculum:
- Welcome and Introduction
- Pillar 1: What is perimenopause and menopause? What changes can I expect emotionally and physically?
- Pillar 2: Managing your moods and emotions during perimenopause and menopause
- Pillar 3: Sleep. How to deal with insomnia in menopause and perimenopause and a reminder of the importance of sleep to our beauty regime and our health.
- Pillar 4: Designing an empowering sex life. An examination of all the things that can reduce your interest in your sex life: libido, discomfort during intercourse, UTI’s and Thrush, Lubrication issues and much much more.
- Pillar 5: My life, my creation. Your life is not over- it’s just getting started! You’ve still got another 50 years of your life to live, so don’t join the throng of people who become old before their time and give up on life. There’s more to life than what your grandmother and great grandmother experienced. Set your intention to live the life you dreamed or use your experience to empower others.
- Essential Oil specific bonus content- how to use essential oils for relief of menopausal and perimenopausal symptoms.
Ready to get started? In just a few hours you can change your understanding of your body, the changes it is going through and become empowered with the knowledge to charge of your emotions, your hormones, and your life! https://katische-s-school.thinkific.com/
The price is $299.95 AUD for unlimited access.