Top Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
Looking for the top uses for your bottle of essential oil, or wondering how to use Lavender if you don’t already have it?
1. Lavender has a very soothing component in it called Linalool which is amazing for the skin. If you spend too much time in the sun or touch a hot pan/leave your straightening iron on and forget this is the perfect time to break out the Lavender. It will soothe the redness, take out the heat, prevent peeling and support your skin to heal itself much faster! It is amazing.
2. Works the same way for bites! Get bitten by a mosquito, ant, bee or another nasty little critter? Get Lavender on there it will take out the heat and sting in seconds.
3. Soothe a sore babies bum, mix lavender in coconut oil and use at change time. You can also make your own chemical free baby wipes with cloth wipes or paper roll, coconut oil, essential oils (just a drop of each) and water.
4. Calm down after a tense day, add a pre-mixed cup of Epsom salts and a few drops of Lavender, mixed in with carrier oil evenly then pop in the running bath.
5. Put a drop on your pillow or in the diffuser and/or massage onto soles of feet and especially big toe to help with a deep and restful sleep for you or little one (dilute with a carrier oil).
6. Do you sneeze, get puffy eyes and feel the effects of season change and things in the air? Try diffusing two drops each of Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint or take a drop of each on your thumb, put your thumb on the roof of your mouth and inhale deeply. The effect is instant!
7. Feeling anxious, stressed and tense after a big day? Massage lavender into your neck and shoulders to help ease tense muscles and relax.
8. Razor relief! Homemade Aftershave- Use after shaving to soothe and soften skin and to lessen the redness and burning caused by razor burn.
9. Add a drop to your moisturiser or dab a dot straight on a breakout. Lavender is amazing for your skin!
10. Use as a natural air freshener, forget toxic, endocrine disrupting synthetic smells, just add 5 drops to a spray bottle with water, shake and spray! You can use in your bathrooms, over your mattress, in the car, anywhere!
Please only use doTERRA Lavender essential oil in cooking as it is FOOD grade. Other brands can not be used in cooking due to lack of purity.
Lavender-Blueberry-Banana-Coconut Ice Cream Shake
1 cup vanilla coconut milk ice cream
¼ cup blueberries
½ teaspoon raw honey
2 cups full fat coconut milk
Sprinkle of cinnamon
4–6 drops Lavender or Lemon essential oil
Tip: Freeze fruit for a thicker consistency. For low fat coconut milk, combine 1 cup water with 1 cup coconut milk
Using a blender, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
Serve in tall glasses.