One of the most useful essential oils to have in your toolkit as you transition into perimenopause and then menopause is Clary Sage Essential Oil.
Clary Sage has been used since the middle ages for women’s health issues and the French have also historically widely used it for sexual health.
Clary Sage essential oil is:
- Soothing to your skin due to its high linalyl acetate content
- Antispasmodic therefore particularly helpful for PMS and cramps associated with your period. (Please note even if you are transitioning and don’t get a period very often you still may experience a phantom period like cramp at the time of the month that you would usually experience your period.
- Sedative- particularly helpful in a diffuser blend at bedtime for those who have trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep. My “Sleep Soundly” ebook will give you a detailed insight into the use of sedative essential oils.
- Nerve tonic
- A key ingredient in my Hot Flushes Cooling essential oil spray
- Fabulous for a healthy-looking scalp and hair- which can be an issue for some women.
Emotional benefits of Clary Sage Essential Oil in Perimenopause and Menopause
Clary Sage essential oil is known as the oil of clarity and vision and intuition. In perimenopause and menopause, it is an essential oil that you can use in perfume and diffuser blends to help you dispel your limiting beliefs about aging.
Our experience of perimenopause and menopause is affected by our perception of its link to aging. The video below examines how our thoughts on aging affect our mindset and levels of happiness.
Historically, women have believed that menopause was something experienced by “old women” and it has been a taboo topic. However, we are now understanding that women can experience perimenopause symptoms from the age of 35.
Your body and your genetic makeup will determine when you are ready to transition, and many women struggle with the fact that they have negative associations with the loss of their period and fertility and aging.
Using Clary Sage will help you see a new perspective on aging and menopause and will help you open your eyes and mindset towards new possibilities.
Your perception of aging and the link to how you will cope in perimenopause/menopause
Dry Hair in Perimenopause?
1 teaspoon Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
2 teaspoons doTERRA® Salon Essential Smoothing Conditioner
1 cup of water
5 drops Clary Sage essential oil
5 drops Geranium essential oil
Small spray bottle
- Pour half of the water into a spray bottle.
- Add Fractionated Coconut Oil, sweet almond oil, conditioner, and essential oils into bottle.
- Add remaining water and shake well.
- To use, apply one spritz to hair and work it through until hair is lightly coated. Style as normal.