What is an essential oil diffuser and how do I use it?
- Diffuser must send out cool air not hot steam. You must be able to place your hand over the air and not feel heat. This is a safety precaution to ensure you do not get burnt.
- Ability to automatically turn off once the water has reached a minimum level. This prevents the diffuser from burning itself out and malfunctioning.
- Variable timer.
- Night light optional
The following 30 second video shows you the Petal diffuser in operation.
The key to successfully using your diffuser is to only use 4-6 drops of essential oil. doTERRA essential oils are pure and therefore extremely concentrated. Less is more!
I have tried many diffusers on the market and I still come back to the doTERRA Petal diffuser because it is economical, safe, easy to use and hard working. To purchase your diffuser and essential oils, click on shop now.
How to Deep-Clean a Diffuser
- Turn off your diffuser.
- Fill the water reservoir halfway to the line with clean water.
- Add 10 drops of pure white vinegar to the water reservoir.
- Turn it on and let run for 3-5 minutes, allowing the vinegar to disperse throughout.
- Drain the water reservoir completely.
- Dip a cotton swab in white vinegar and wipe down the edges of the water reservoir as well as the ultrasonic mist chip.
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water.
- Wipe the reservoir with a dry cloth and let air dry before using it again.
Prefer to purchase this at wholesale prices? For $35 annual membership you can save 25% on this price.