Do you know someone who has been diagnosed with breast health issues, or have you been diagnosed yourself? You are not alone.
It seems everyone knows someone impacted by breast health issues. Breast health is not an issue for women only, men are also at risk. The current statistics provided by the Breast Cancer Network Australia are just horrifying, “Approximately 17,730 Australians will be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017, an average of 48 people every day”. What can we do to look after our breasts?
- regular check ups and mammograms
- daily self examination
- keeping your boobs out of direct sunlight
- daily breast massage to stimulate lymphatic drainage
- application of essential oils (before daily massage)
Essential oils, I hear you ask? What are essential oils and why should I use essential oils? If you are new to essential oils then start here. However, to briefly re-cap:
- Essential oils are derived from the insides of plants, trees, grasses, flowers and fruits.
- Essential oils are the immune system of the being that they were taken from, and as such, they provide the same benefits to humans as they do to the original plant.
- So, each different essential oil has the components that the original plant had – some can be antibacterial, anti fungal, antiseptic, astringent, analgesic, antispasmodic, anti-infectious and so on.
What can essential oils do for breast health?
Essential oils are easily absorbed into the body and blood stream and effect our body at a cellular level. If you apply essential oils topically with a carrier oil such as a vegetable oil, then the essential oil stays localised. This means that the essential oil will go to work on protecting the health of the breast. This is great news for breast health.
What’s the research around essential oils and breast health?
If you’re like me, you want to see the scientific research when people start making big claims, and especially when it involves anything to do with claiming to prevent or cure. When impartial essential oil educator Robert Tisserand issued a blog regarding the impact of essential oils on breast health, I took notice. Robert Tisserand is a big debunker of myths around essential oils, and is an industry research leader and educator. You might want to read this.
Disclaimer: You might not want to go topless sun baking due to the photosensitivity of citrus oils (means that you will burn easier), but that’s something we left behind in the 70’s right?
Essential oils for breast health: (I recommend doTERRA)
If you would like to make up your own breast health lotion, the following oils are available via the shop. Please use a sealable glass container to store your pre-made up breast health oil solution or make up daily to your needs.
- Lemon (Please note that personally I would use doTERRA Wild Orange Essential oil due to the fact that it is higher in d-Limonene than Lemon essential oil (every company has different levels of components in each of their oils due to the process of species selection and planting location and harvesting methods).
- Fractionated Coconut oil (non-greasy and fragrance free)
- Instead of Palmrossa I would use Lemongrass (which is 42% geraniol which is the key chemical component in Palmrossa essential oil)
If you would like to start using essential oils in your daily breast health routine, please contact me or SHOP NOW to obtain lemon, sandalwood and bergamot and Copaiba essential oils. At this stage I can not help with Palmrosa however, recommend substituting with Lemongrass Frankincense and Rosemary essential oils, due to the research based evidence on the effect of these oils on breast cancer.